We’ve pulled together our top social stats across three of the most popular platforms! There are massive amounts of social media statistics covering everything from user consumption to post engagement, and the right ones can significantly help you improve your social media strategy for the best results. Check out the infographic of some of our favorite stats below, and scroll down for bonus stats!
- Instagram’s more than 500 million active users place it well ahead of Twitter (326 million active users) Snapchat (150 million active users), and Pinterest (250 million active users).
- The proportion of online adults who use Instagram has grown by nearly 400% since Pew Research Center first started tracking social media platform adoption in 2012.
- More than one-third of Instagram users have used their mobile devices to buy something online — 70% more likely than people who are not on Instagram.
- Businesses that are on Instagram get up to 37% of their total impressions from Instagram Stories, the ethereal content that users can publish separate from their feed and disappears after 24 hours
- There’s little correlation between caption text length and engagement rate on Instagram.
- The most common posting frequency for brands on Instagram is 11–20 times per month, with almost one-third of companies measured falling into that bucket.
- The best time to post on Instagram is Thursday between 5 a.m. and 11 a.m. in your respective time zone.
- In a study of 8 million Instagram images, images with a single dominant color generate 17% more Likes than images with multiple dominant colors.
- Facebook has 1.18 billion daily active users. That’s over 5X the population of the United States and 15% of the world population.
- Globally, the average user spends 50 minutes per day with Facebook properties.
- Despite widespread use, only 45% of marketers think their Facebook efforts are effective.
- Posts published between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. EST get 88% more interactions than the average Facebook post.
- Videos are the most shared post type on Facebook.
- Posts that link to long form content (2,000+ words) received 40% more interactions than linking to short form content.
- Excluding photos, posts with 150-200 characters perform best.
- YouTube has over 1.9 billion monthly active logged-in users.
- On mobile devices alone, YouTube reaches more adults aged 18-49 during prime time than any cable network does in an average week.
- 75% of adults report watching YouTube on their mobile devices.
- Over 50,000 years of product review videos have been watched on mobile devices over the past two years.
- Over 90% of 18-44 year old American internet users watch videos on YouTube.
- Over half of American internet users who are aged 75 and over watch videos on YouTube.
- The number of YouTubers who earn six figures per year has increased by more than 40% since 2017.
- 80% of YouTube users who watched a video to help them make a purchase decision said they watched the video at the beginning of the shopping process.